Monday, April 19, 2010

Yes, I was laying in dirt when i took this picture.


Doesn't it make you feel 'fairy'-like? I want to touch the furry stems of that squash plant and feel the droplets of water hit my cheek as it falls from the leaves. 

It had just rained late this afternoon and I needed to get away from the laptop and the taptaptap of commerce.  One of the benefits of working from home.  Slipping out, bare feet, in the damp, soft earth when work gets a little chaotic.  I don't think i can go back to working in a real office.



Nothing like the air after a cool spring rain....


I can't wait to pull that beauty out of the ground for a wonderful, crisp salad....with some of these pretty cherry tomatoes below...


Thanks for indulging me on my trek through my garden.  I never thought I would fall in love with something like this.  It's amazing. I sit on my back porch and watch it rain on my little patch of dirt, and thank God for blessing us with something that keeps giving and giving.  He is so good.


.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to lay down in the dirt to capture the moment! Good for you that you are actually growing something! I have a black thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Helllooooo Sheri! Love it when I run across another one. I think I've seen you around (Either that or another Sheri posts on Sweet Shot) because it's like a flashing neon sign anytime I see our name spelled properly! LOL

    Love the squash plant and I desperately want one! I used your cheat partially and redid the photo...check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you gotta admit is was worth getting a little durty to take these beauties. hehe. Love your little garden. kind of jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely garden - and we'd love some of that rain down here in NZ where it is too dry!

    Cate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for getting down low for shots. That really makes a difference. And, good for you that you can grow things. I have a black thumb! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is good, isn't He?

    I really like that last picture. It looks cool in the shade and like the tomatoes are hiding out.

    Thanks for stopping by my Sweet Shot post.

    ReplyDelete