Thursday, May 24, 2012

Can you check to see if we're really married??

Tomorrow we leave on our honeymoon.
 
I know.

We've been married almost 2 years and we're just now taking a honeymoon. 

You know what's even funnier?

We think we might not even be married.

I am not kidding.

So...we might have to get married all over again on our honeymoon that's 2 years overdue.

It seems that our officiant filed the wrong copy of the marriage certificate thing (if he even filed it all).

So...either congratulate me when i come back OR ask me how our honeymoon was, or both.

But - small paperwork issues aside - I am so ready for this....the dock at the house we rented.  with a boat.  and crab traps.



and to go to Uncle Bubba's for dinner and sit outside here...

 

...with this as my view (yes, it is this beautiful in real life - this was at sunset, the day after we got married...well the first time anyway)
 

I'm ready to indulge in this....
 

and do a little house shopping.

(yes, i'm taking the camera) 
 

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing, with you not at you. My sister got married in Hawaii when our family was there, only to find out it wasn't legit. It happens. When we were moving internationally, you would be amazed at how many institutions wanted to see our marriage certificate. I was so relieved I still had it! To me it's just a piece of paper, but I guess it gives a certain amount of street cred. Either way, I hope you two crazy lovebirds have a great honeymoon. You deserve it. And house hunting??!! That sounds promising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megs - i hope we're not blown away - it appears that there is a tropical storm headed straight our way!! But - yea, we may have to do the I do's all over again at the courthouse LOL. We are uber-excited about getting out of dodge today. We aren't moving anytime soon - but we're going to shop around in case we see anything that we can stretch to afford as a vacation cottage that could turn into something more in 7 or so years when we can actually move. (Gotta get the boys in college first!)

    ReplyDelete