Friday, March 4, 2011

Inspired by Heather Bullard...sigh

One day I will own chickens.  And they will run free, and when they decide to nap, i'll have a place for them much like this...


And i will make sure that they have a cute little house to call home....

Once again, I am back to daydreaming about farm life, selling jam on the side of the road and owning a passel of chickens.  Except i don't think that's the right word - but the chickens won't care what word i use.

I'll give them great names like HB did - Butter, Ruby, Lola and i will adore them. 

In the meantime, I will focus my energy on creating country in my city life by making my yard beautiful for entertaining...and i will set up tables like this....

and have beautiful hand towels like this....
 
This woman is in the perfect job - her talent is amazing.  I heart her.  

Linking to the Picket Fence's Inspiration Fridays...




5 comments:

  1. Love your header! I know I am dreaming of warmer weather. Those pics are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so fun to read and such a fun coincidence. A fellow teacher and I were just discussing chickens today, seriously!!! She's a city-dweller-turned-country-gal and she owned a couple of chickens, Cat and Waddles. They were recently eaten, may they RIP. She's getting four new chickens this weekend. She brings us fresh eggs at work and I'm pretty excited about the new hens! We live in the city limits of our small town, but hope to build our forever home in the country soon. So, I dream about things like owning chickens often, as strange as that might sound, ha! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe its a gaggle of chickens? Oh wait, I think that is geese! :-) One of my dearest friends is a farmer's wife and she embraces the role all the while being chic and cool at the same time. But, I'm not jealous of her...no, not me! LOL!
    Loved seeing these pics and I'm so glad you linked up this week!
    Vanesa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheri,
    Loved this post! When I lived in California, in my late 20's, I was lucky enough to live in a little cabin on a half acre with my horse, my cat, and 3 roosters who migrated from next door when my neighbor passed away. They always followed each other in a straight line, always in the same order (#3 was a little guy), flew up into the same tree every night to sleep and were always waiting for me on my back porch every morning for their breakfast! Nothing better then the country life!
    I'm going to do the post on the award tonight or tomorrow even though I haven't mastered linking to other blogs, will put their address, hope that works! Thanks again!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I would love this too Sheri! Maybe one day, but we can always dream.

    ReplyDelete