A new year brings change - always - kind of like the glasses thing - and every year about this time I find myself thinking about what i might want to improve, or change in myself. Don't say resolution. I never resolve (that sounds so strong, doesn't it?) to make permanent change...ever. I make notes on things i might want to....attempt. My list is much shorter this year. Not sure yet if that's good or bad. But it's definitely an easier read.
So far on my list:
- Slow down. This means my laptop shuts down at 5:30 (latest) and i don't pick it up (or my droid) after dinner. Yes...this will be hard. Yes, i know there are going to moments where I cave. But i promise to at least be more aware, and to stop myself if the office isn't burning down.
- Instead of dieting i'm just going to buy clothes that fit. There. I said it. Oh yes i did.
- And those clothes I'm buying? Less Ann Taylor and more...bohemian. More Anthro. More Urban. More....FUN. I'm not my mother...yet.
- Vacuum my kitchen floor after dinner. I started doing that this past week, and it makes such a difference in how i feel when i walk into the kitchen the next day that's clean down to it's floor. Silly but true.
- Buy some of that jewelry on etsy that i have been coveting for such a long time.
Told you it wasn't a long list. Just my list. My sanity savers for 2011. I think i can do these.
Linking to Vanessa's Inspiration Friday