Friday, September 17, 2010

A thought for today

    Grace Lutheran Church between Wytheville and Rural Retreat, VA.  - courtesy of yours truly while driving (not me driving, promise)

You know, you could look at this picture a couple of different ways.  You could think, man that church is all the way across a couple of farms, and down in the valley - kind of far.  

Or, instead, you could forget about how far it seems away and take in all the beauty in between;  Like that great red barn, and the pretty golden color from what's left from this summer's corn harvest.  

I'm choosing the latter. 

    Same church, now off of the hwy, from the country road that leads to it.

We are going through some stuff in our house.  Nothing a lot of you haven't been touched by at some point, nothing dire.  Just stuff.  And that's how i'm going to approach it. It's just stuff.  It's not worth the worry - I've already turned it over.  Vance has turned it over. Not our battle.  It is truly a blessing to be equally yoked.

If you truly wanted to, you could go as far to say that worry itself is a sin. One of my girlfriends said that to me, and i personally hold that statement close.  Sure, that might be a little bit of stretch, but if God calls you to have faith, and yet you're worrying, are you really obeying God? 




   getting closer, and the sky seemed to lighten up - isn't that awesome.  now if i could only figure out how to make my camera do that.

I have, in the past, had a tendency to think that some of things i have prayed for are not worthy of His attention.  I have been corrected, and i'm not doing that anymore.  That's really a silly thought.  I'm following a devotion on Lysa's site about praying audaciously.  Being bold in your request and having the faith to believe.  

 "...For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..."
  - Jeremiah 29:11





It will all work out, like it's supposed to.


   


3 comments:

  1. yes it will! I used to be a major worrier. Through all of my trials God taught me to trust. Sounds like he's teaching you to. Hope things are looking a bit brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27
    I hope His peace is with you today friend.
    Beautiful church by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold tight my friend, hold tight!!!!!
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete